Hickman County is located in the middle of major manufacturing and industrial cities with easy access to all.
With two Interstate systems passing through Hickman County, we're ready with quality access to the Interstate system.
- I-40. With a daily traffic count of about 40,000 vehicles, this Interstate highway carries its share of heavy truck freight as well as passenger vehicles. We're located in the sweet spot between Nashville and Memphis. Jackson is only about an hour's drive west. With four exits that serve Hickman County, access to the Interstate system is downright convenient.
- I-840. A new connector between I-40, I-65, I-24, and the east side of Nashville on I-40, this Interstate highway cuts off miles and time for freight traffic and passenger cars by-passing Nashville. It's an easy connection to facilities in Franklin, Columbia, Murfreesboro, and Lebanon.
High-Quality State Highways
At one time, State Highway 100 was a major connector between Nashville and Memphis. It still carries a lion's share of traffic for Hickman County residents and for freight coming into and leaving Hickman County. Highway 100 provides access to Highway 412 as it passes out the southern end of Hickman County.
State Highway 50 west of Centerville is a freight-ready two-lane highway that connects Centerville to Interstate 40. With wide shoulders and gentle curves, it's well-suited for truck traffic.
State Highway 50 east of Centerville still carries significant traffic to Columbia, only 30 miles away. Highway 50 west and east running through Centerville is an even shorter bypass between I-50 and I-65 than I-840.
Other State Highways like Highway 230, 438, and 48 carry local traffic between communities and surrounding communities like Hohenwald.
Centerville has well-developed Industrial Parks featured in the Select Tennessee program. These parks have convenient access to I-40 only 15 miles away via Highway 50 west.
The Industrial Development Board for Hickman County has small acreage still available for development along Hwy 7. The eastern corner of Hickman County is within the planned growth area. Here are advantages for properties there:
- Zoning. Hickman County is zoned for development.
- Available parcels. Land is available along Highways 46, 100, and 7 for commercial, retail, and industrial development.
- Utilities. Land along Highway 46 and 7 has water, sewer, gas, and electric services available. Adjacent land along Highway 100 will have additional utilities added in the foreseeable future.
- Incentives. The Industrial Development Board cooperates readily for tax abatement incentives through PILOT (payment in lieu of taxes) or TIF (tax increment financing).