The following maps give a visual definition of
- The proximity of Hickman County to major shopping areas and anchor stores
- The density of population
- The median income ranges across the county
- Growth projections
Hickman County is inconveniently located between locations that have anchor stores.
- Walmart. Stores are located in Dickson, Fairview, Columbia, Hohenwald, Lawrenceburg, Franklin, and Waverly. As a result, significant tax revenues leak out of Hickman County.
- Lowes. Stores are located in Dickson, Columbia, Spring Hill, and Franklin.
- Kroger. Stores are located in Dickson, Columbia, Spring Hill, and Franklin.
- Home Depot. Stores are located in Spring Hill, Franklin, and Dickson.
- Publix. Fairview has the nearest Publix store.
- Target. Spring Hill and Franklin have the nearest Target stores.
The highest income levels are in northeastern corner where most people commute to work in areas outside Hickman County. Other higher income levels occur in the western side of the county along the rich Duck River farmland.